Thursday, November 10, 2011

Appreciating your Own Beauty: How to think and be Beautiful

Do you see yourself as a gorgeous woman? Do you feel sexy? Do you love looking at the mirror? If not, I guess you have a problem appreciating yourself. I am beautiful and that’s it! 

When I was a young student, I used to be very shy. When it was time to fall in line at school for the flag ceremony, I was always in front because I am short. I would be very happy when I stay on the 2nd or 3rd row because to me that means I’m not the shortest. I was also irritated of my black and curly hair. I used to fight with my hair. I don’t know what to do with it and it seems like most people prefer straight hair than curly hair. I grew up sad having a curly hair. My tan skin also has been an issue. I always wanted to have a flawless, fair skin like the actresses and models that I see in the TV. And one thing more, I have an ugly flat nose. My family made fun of me growing up with this kind of nose. In short, I was ugly. I hated how I look and never had that self confidence that most people have. Yes, everything about me is negative.


But, that was a long time ago! Hey, I didn’t undergo any surgery or any kind of treatment to make myself look different. It all started when I started chatting online and people say I am beautiful. I said “I’m not” but then I looked at the mirror and said to myself “hey, yes you are beautiful!” It’s about acknowledging it yourself so other people will see it too. Love yourself and appreciate your natural beauty. You do not need those heavy make-ups, plastic surgery, and other crazy stuff. You’re just making those companies richer. You can’t buy beauty, you can only think beautiful. Believe that you are beautiful and positive energy will attract people to think and say you are beautiful. Beauty is a perception. It is a concept that varies from one mind to another. As they say, “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder”. You may say this is not true. So, I’ll give you some tips on how to start thinking beautiful.

When you wake up in the morning, smile. This will give you a beautiful start for the day. Every creature that is smiling is beautiful compared to a frowning one. Don’t you agree? Face the mirror and stop concentrating on your negative parts. Point at your body parts one by one and tell yourself something good about it. For example, if you have a curly hair, tell yourself: “This beautiful hair that I have is so sexy. I’ll stand out in the crowd with it”; or if you have thick lips, say: “I have kissable lips, no need for a lip enhancement!” Or if you are short, tell yourself: “This short woman is going to capture a big fish”. Remember the saying: “Precious gifts come from small packages”. Do it from head to toe. Focus on the good thoughts. Stop thinking that you have ugly parts because just being a human being is already beautiful. We are created with the image and likeness of God. So, when you tell yourself you’re ugly. You are saying God is ugly too. After saying good things to all your body parts, look at yourself again as a whole. Point at the mirror and say, “Yes, you are beautiful!” or “hey gorgeous, how are you today?” “What’s up sexy lady?” Do this everyday. Talk to the mirror…yourself. This sounds crazy but I am telling you it really works. After doing this each day, you will notice you are building self confidence and people around you will notice that. What you think about yourself is what people will see on you. Believe it! If you think you still need to enhance your self confidence to see your natural beauty, there are some distance learning programs to choose from. Because feeding the brain will boost your confidence.
 

Now, I feel so beautiful, I love myself, and I save money. I embrace my curls. Most women go to the parlor or buy curling irons to fix their hair and have beautiful curls. I have a beautiful hair! After I shower, just throw a small amount of moisturizer and I’m ready to go. Natural curl! And it’s sexy. I don’t worry about my skin color anymore. Most women go to tanning salons to change their color. I have a natural tan color! My height doesn’t bother me too because I am cuddly…so cute!  How about my nose? Well, that’s how it is at least I have a nose and I am breathing. Some people are having some disease on their nose and needs and operation. I’m lucky, I don’t need it. It’s about appreciating you…appreciating life.

Learning to love yourself is very important. It changes the way you view life and your relationships with people around you. It is not becoming egoistic. It’s embracing the beauty of nature. You are beautiful! If you won’t appreciate yourself, who will? Start it within yourself and others will follow. Let me know the effect after a month of doing this. I’m sure you’ll say I’m right. You are beautiful.








No comments:

Post a Comment